Base price $11,300
The Basedrop starts with a reliable, comfortable, strong and light cabin made with an aluminum frame. Designed around a full size Queen mattress and ergonomic Galley on a 2200 lb. suspension. Plenty of storage for you as you visit all the National Parks and prepare fabulous meals from the Galley.
Basedrop is also light enough to be towed by a small car with a small engine. Sure, you can tow it with anything you want but don’t be surprised when you see our customers pulling beautiful rigs behind a Subaru.
There are many options you can add to your Basedrop to personalize to your needs. If you’re into Glamping, we’ll add the desired options to prep your glamorous camping experience! Patio umbrella mount, side counters, espresso machine, colors, etc. We build dreams on wheels.
Thinking of Tailgating, pick those team colors and logo on the side. Sure we can put a tap in the counter for your pony keg and big screen LED for pre-games; pull up, open the back and “bam”, you have a party.
|Body Length: 102″||Overall Length: 156″|
|Cabin Width (inside): 60″||Overall Width: 74″|
|Cabin Height (inside): 44.5″||Overall Height: 65″|
|Bed Size: Queen 60″ x 78″||Galley Counter Height: 40″|
|Galley Hatch/Open Height: 78″||Frame/Ground Clearance: 15.5″|
|Tongue/Dry Weight: 55 lbs.**||Trailer Dry Weight: 900 lbs.**|
** Weight may change with options
- Colorado Teardrops Basedrop model is 5′ x 8.5′ and weighs 900 lbs.
It is fully insulated in the walls, floor, ceiling and doors. The exterior is then covered in clear anodized aluminum (many colors available) at .040″ thickness. Prior to being “skinned”,the cabin is formed with structural aluminum to frame the side walls and ceilings. These new materials and techniques are impervious to water and weather damage for decades. The bottom of the trailer is also sealed and protected making our trailers built to last from top to bottom.
- We use light Maple Plywood for the teardrop walls in the cabin and galley sealed in a low VOC Polyurethane for a great look, easy cleanup and durability. Within the Cabin is a 14″x14” pop up vent, enough room for a queen sized mattress (Memory Foam 4″x60″ x” 78″) and two reading lights and center cabin light. Interior shelving for use and storage are found within the cabin (maple).
- There are two insulated doors into the cabin with locks and keys. These are 26″ x 36″ with a sliding window that opens halfway. Plus, there are screens on the windows and vent to keep bugs and debris outside.
- Two locking handles open the galley, the galley door opens to a 6′ 6″ clearance and is supported by two 100 lb. pistons. Making it easy to open and close.
- Inside the standard galley is a 15” x 60″ countertop. Below the countertop are dividers with room for an ice cooler, water tank, and sliding or rotating shelves for a camp stove, and room for charcoal and firewood. Behind the counter area there are three areas for storage of food, plates, silverware, cleanup tub, paper towel hanger, etc., the two far ends have 2 additional shelves each. All of this is covered by bungee cord netting for secure traveling. In the dark, we illuminate the galley with two lights. All of our shelving, lighting, interior trim and features can be customized to best suit your needs.
- The trailer suspension is rated to 2,200 lbs. and rides on 13″ tires. There is also room on the tongue of the trailer for a 2’x5′ storage space (not provided).
- We provide a 1-year warranty for the unit and take pride in each and every Teardrop Trailer we build. We’re happy to customize your Teardrop with different finishes/colors of skins, tires & wheels, lights, and other accessories.
|Power Package||Power and light up your camping adventure with our Power Package! Includes: (2) 26 amp hour AGM batteries for 52 amp hours of electricity, (1) 400 watt inverter to turn 12V to 110V to plug in laptops, etc... (1) 110/12V converter for "ship to shore" charging at a campground or your home, includes 6 12V plugs (three in cabin, three in galley) and 4 USB charging ports for portable electronics. Also includes is a 3 speed, reversible vent fan, 3 interior LED cabin lights , 2 galley LED lights and 2 exterior cabin LED door lightscontrolled on the inside. Charging can be done while under tow (through 7 pin connector on vehicle), 110V plug and/or through the optional upgrade of Solar Add-On||$1500|
|Solar Add-on||Add (1) 60 watt solar panel, solar charge controller to your Power Package to charge the in sunshine while camping. We provide a solar port and 20' ft of cord to your solar panel so that you may camp in the shade, yet place your panel in the sunshine. Your solar panel will take about 1 1/2 days to full charge your 52 amp hours of batteries in typical Colorado sunlight during the summer. Customer report fully charges batteries last about 4 days of their typical use.||$550|
|Stargazer Window||9" x 44" window with black frame with tinted glass placed to view stars while laying in bed||$275|
|Front Cargo Rack||20” x 60” black steel platform at the front of the teardrop||$200|
|Trailer Tongue Toolbox||Convenient storage on the tongue of your A-frame trailer. The aluminum diamond plate box is equipped with a locking paddle handle to deter theft, and the one-piece front, back and bottom construction provides maximum strength and durability for years to come.||$400|
|Water Tank with hand pump||Includes "City Water" (garden hose) to fill, 12 Fresh Water Gallon Tank and Hand Pump/Faucet||$500|
|Small Tent attached to side||5’ x 7’ mini screen room tent with mounting bracket for one side||$650|
|Queen size, 4” memory foam mattress||Comfy!||$200|
|Exterior Colors||Many color options available - Makes your's unique!||$700|
|Double Slider Galley||Add a camping stove and ice cooler slider to your Galley||$400|
|Spare Tire||Spare tire with tire mount||$250 - $400|