2018 Summit Teardrop
Base price $21,500
Colorado’s camping and four wheeler enthusiasts are enjoying this top-of-the line model designed for extreme off-road. This Teardrop will follow your overland rig with ease. The Summit has enough room to take your young family, grandchildren or large dogs on memorable adventures. The Summit features a full cabin with bunk beds that convert into a sofa while still providing a full Queen size bed for you and another guest.
Other features include: Plenty of shelving with under floor storage and lots of lights, massive galley with stove sliders and bi-folding doors that swing out and are strong enough to hold two Yeti coolers, storage for food and cooking gear to feed the gang with class. Speaking of class, the Summit sports the classic-aerodynamic Teardrop profile and still fits into most home garages. It’s small enough to get into that National Park campground and tough enough to get you off road and into the wild. Fully insulated, it’s a comfortable trailer in the Moab summer or Leadville winter.
Despite it’s size, the Summit still only weights 1800 lbs (with optional power package) and includes brakes and either a Lock ‘N’ Roll or 2” ball coupler. Plus 35” BF Goodrich Radial TA off-road tires, full skid plate, nerf bars, corner hardeners and 3200 lbs torsion axle. There is ample clearance making the Summit Teardrop a truly rugged Teardrop Trailer! The Summit Teardrop is engineered to support 1500 lbs on the roof and reinforced steps are added to the fenders allowing you to step up and reach for bikes, basket storage or roof top tents that can sleep up to 3 more campers.
The Summit can have added optional upgrades including side mount levelers, front tool box or rack, power package with solar panels, bike racks, water tank with hand pump, propane mount, on-demand hot water shower and tent attached to side or over the galley. The Summit interior and exterior like all of our lines is very personalized for each customer even including your choice of two-toned colors.
- Colorado Teardrops Summit model is 5′ x10.5′ and weighs 1630 lbs.
It is fully insulated in the walls, floor, ceiling and doors. The exterior is then covered in clear anodized aluminum (many colors available) at .040″ thickness. Prior to being “skinned”,the cabin is formed with structural aluminum to frame the side walls and ceilings. These new materials and techniques are impervious to water and weather damage for decades. The bottom of the trailer is also sealed and protected making our trailers built to last from top to bottom.
- We use light Maple Plywood for the teardrop walls in the cabin and galley sealed in a low VOC Polyurethane for a great look, easy cleanup and durability. Within the Cabin is a 14″x14” pop up vent, enough room for a queen sized mattress (Memory Foam 4″x60″ x” 78″) and two reading lights and center cabin light. Interior shelving for use and storage are found within the cabin (maple).
- There are two insulated doors into the cabin with locks and keys. These are 26″ x 36″ with a sliding window that opens halfway. Plus, there are screens on the windows and vent to keep bugs and debris outside.
- Two locking handles open the galley, the galley door opens to a 6′ 6″ clearance and is supported by two 100 lb. pistons. Making it easy to open and close.
- Inside the standard galley is a 15” x 60″ countertop. Below the countertop are dividers with room for an ice cooler, water tank, and sliding or rotating shelves for a camp stove, and room for charcoal and firewood. Behind the counter area there are three areas for storage of food, plates, silverware, cleanup tub, paper towel hanger, etc., the two far ends have 2 additional shelves each. All of this is covered by bungee cord netting for secure traveling. In the dark, we illuminate the galley with two lights. All of our shelving, lighting, interior trim and features can be customized to best suit your needs.
- The trailer suspension is rated to 2,200 lbs. and rides on 35” BF Goodrich Radial TA off-road tires. There is also room on the tongue of the trailer for a 2’x5′ storage space (not provided).
- We provide a 1-year warranty for the unit and take pride in each and every Teardrop Trailer we build. We’re happy to customize your Teardrop with different finishes/colors of skins, tires & wheels, lights, and other accessories.
|Body Length: 126″||Overall Length: 169″|
|Cabin Width (inside): 60″||Overall Width: 88″|
|Cabin Height (inside): 56″||Overall Height: 82″|
|Bed Size: Queen 60″ x 78″||Galley Counter Height: 41″|
|Galley Hatch/Open Height: 78″||Frame/Ground Clearance: 18″|
|Tongue/Dry Weight: 220 lbs.**||Trailer Dry Weight: 1630 lbs.**|
** Weight may change with options
|Power Package||Power and light up your camping adventure with our Power Package! Includes: (2) 26 amp hour AGM batteries for 52 amp hours of electricity, (1) 400 watt inverter to turn 12V to 110V to plug in laptops, etc... (1) 110/12V converter for "ship to shore" charging at a campground or your home, includes 6 12V plugs (three in cabin, three in galley) and 4 USB charging ports for portable electronics. Also includes is a 3 speed, reversible vent fan, 3 interior LED cabin lights , 2 galley LED lights and 2 exterior cabin LED door lightscontrolled on the inside. Charging can be done while under tow (through 7 pin connector on vehicle), 110V plug and/or through the optional upgrade of Solar Add-On||$1500|
|Solar Add-on||Add (1) 60 watt solar panel, solar charge controller to your Power Package to charge the in sunshine while camping. We provide a solar port and 20' ft of cord to your solar panel so that you may camp in the shade, yet place your panel in the sunshine. Your solar panel will take about 1 1/2 days to full charge your 52 amp hours of batteries in typical Colorado sunlight during the summer. Customer report fully charges batteries last about 4 days of their typical use.||$550|
|Front Cargo Rack||20” x 60” black steel platform at the front of the teardrop||$200|
|Trailer Tongue Toolbox||Convenient storage on the tongue of your A-frame trailer. The aluminum diamond plate box is equipped with a locking paddle handle to deter theft, and the one-piece front, back and bottom construction provides maximum strength and durability for years to come.||$400|
|Water Tank with hand pump||Includes "City Water" (garden hose) to fill, 12 Fresh Water Gallon Tank and Hand Pump/Faucet||$500|
|Small Tent attached to side||5’ x 7’ mini screen room tent with mounting bracket for one side||$650|
|Queen size, 4” memory foam mattress||Comfy!||$200|
|Exterior Colors||Many color options available - Makes your's unique!||$700|
|Double Slider Galley||Add a camping stove and ice cooler slider to your Galley||$400|
|Spare Tire||Spare tire with tire mount||$400|